Tokio Hotel Lebanon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Follow TH!
Follow Tokio Hotel on Facebook! Follow Tokio Hotel on Twitter! Follow Tokio Hotel on Youtube!
TH Merch.

Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill's Cutie
Bill's Favourite Fan
Bill's Cutie

Female
Number of posts : 7333
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview Empty
PostSubject: Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview   Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:45 am

In the German magazine Drummerheads!

Because the musicians were so young, many so-called experts did not give success to Tokio Hotel seriously. Four years later, the band would tour worldwide and achieving a record after another. Between gossip and laughter, drummer Gustav speaks of the super band # 1 in Germany.

Interviewer: You've been thrown into the cold water at a very young age. Do you feel safer now with your battery or not?

Gustav: I'll never be completely safe. I'm always nervous before a show, and sometimes I make mistakes during implementation. But even big names like Chad Smith and Danny Carey sometimes make mistakes, that's normal. Anyone can play in front of 13,000 people, not to be nervous and not making mistakes, it's not a real drummer in my opinion.

Interviewer: What is the emotion to be able to play drums and be the player who sits in the back?

Gustav: I am great to be able to operate from the bottom and that most people do not know how much weight or I carry on my shoulders. Sure, it seemed for all the musicians on stage, but when the battery goes, the song is shit. Someone once told me that the drummer is a band watch. He alone sets the pace and everyone has to follow suit.

Interviewer: "From the point of view of a battery, which is the most important thing in a concert of Tokio Hotel? What has to offer?

Gustav: First, I must bring the songs. And I do! Sometimes, I play differently live than on CD, and especially with our new album, there will be a big difference, because we have a lot of programmed beats. Besides that, it's like any other band. The battery is in the back and enjoy.

Interviewer: What song would you most like to play on stage?

Gustav: That changes all the time with me. I'm a fan of heavy rhythms. For now, I like to play "Komm" or the English version "Noise" and "Für immer jetzt" or "Forever Now". These songs are very beautiful to play and have a good pressure on the front of the stage.

Interviewer: What qualities do you like better and how?

Gustav: Unfortunately, with our whole trip, there is little time for exercises that I tell myself that I do. For now, my handicap are the fillings. I just beat the curse, and do not double. But it sounds more impressive! Oh, I think I'll keep making them as well. Nobody complained, yet

Interviewer: How much time when you invest in practice time for all interviews and signatures?

Gustav: Whenever I go into the studio to practice, is always for four or five hours with short breaks in between. But they beat me, then.

Interviewer: What has changed for you with recording the new album compared to previous sessions of recording?

Gustav: I recorded a part with an e-drumset (electronic drums) on "Humanoid". Those machines are incredible. It was a totally new experience to add. I'll play a few things with e-Live Pads, too.

Interviewer: What problems did you have to overcome during the recording sessions?

Gustav: Sometimes it's really frustrating: I would love to put everything into a song. When I see the faces of the producers and the band, I often realize that too. I also notice that when I hear a shot, then I'm on my game and say: "Less is sometimes more, Hotshot!"

Interviewer: Could you imagine never touch a stick, again, in case of separation Tokio Hotel, one day?

Gustav: No way! I started playing drums when he was four or five years old. When I was in elementary school, there were several things that interested me, but I was just glued to the drums. My father always hung on that, too, and when we went to a concert of Genesis, and saw masses of people, often said: "Gustav, practice, practice, practice, when you want to go that far." I guess that worked .
Back to top Go down
http://www.tokiohotellebanon.aforumfree.com
Rose483
Thinks TH Are From Japan
Rose483

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview   Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Gustav finally speaks in a whole interview Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rosekaulitz.hi5.com
Bill's Cutie
Bill's Favourite Fan
Bill's Cutie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview   Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:50 pm

yess o.o thats not very usual but great (Y)
Back to top Go down
taniakaulitz
In Tom's Car
taniakaulitz

Female
Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview   Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:14 pm

A GUSTAV INTERVIEW.
=D
Back to top Go down
Bill's Cutie
Bill's Favourite Fan
Bill's Cutie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview   Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:22 pm

yay gusti bear Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview   Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview Empty

Back to top Go down

Gustav Schäfer (Tokio Hotel) – Interview
Page 1 of 1