Tokio Hotel Lebanon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Similar topics
Follow TH!
Follow Tokio Hotel on Facebook! Follow Tokio Hotel on Twitter! Follow Tokio Hotel on Youtube!
TH Merch.

Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alleine483
In Tom's Car
Alleine483

Female
Number of posts : 1534
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything Empty
PostSubject: Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything   Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything -10 Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything --10
Tokio Hotel:“We are not afraid of anything.”
DU:What were you up to during this long absence?
Tom: Until the end of last year, we were touring here and there in the world. After that we came back in Germany to prepare this fourth album in the studio.Everything went very fast even if the public feels like they waited for us for so long.

DU: Did you get the chance to go on vacation this summer?
Georg: Unfortunately no. Since the release of our first album Schrei (So laut du kannst) in June 2006, we had little rest. Between the promotion, the Tours, and the recording in studios, the planning is quite full since three years now.
Bill: We spend our time travelling, so when we havea break of one or two days we go back in Germany to those who are close to us. It’s in Magdeburg, a tiny village where we grew up that we recharge our batteries.

DU: Aren’t you afraid that certain fans took their distance from you?
Bill: We aren’t afraid of anything. Tokio Hotel fans are always present and many are still following us today. It’s for that public that we were absent for so long, so that we could offer them worthy of their support.
Georg: On the other hand, we cannot force people to like us. If our new album seduces the public, everything’s going to be fine…

DU: In which state of mind are you carrying the release of this fourth opus,Humanoid?
Tom: The pressure is the same as the previous albums.It was always stressing to release a new disc.We ar torn between the fear of deceiving and the irrepressible urge to seduce.
Bill: And to make it worse, the media took hold of the news.Everywhere, people talk about the release of this new album like it was a big event. Now,more than ever , people are waiting for us around the corner…

DU: Why did you name the album,Humanoid?
Gustav: Humanoid is a pretty word to show how human we are, behind the surrealist , almost irrational aspect, of our success. That title opens a new chapter in the band’s history.

DU: In which context did you do the recording?
Bill: This opus is the result of a meticulous work. We recorded in the biggest studios in Germany, but also in the USA; precisely in Miami and L.A
Tom: We collaborated with big names in production such as Guy Chambers who worked with Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue. Red One known for his collaboration with Lady Gaga and Desmond Child who worked with Aerosmith ,Jovi, Ricky Martin, Kelly Clarckson and the Rasmus.

DU: Is that the reflection (mirror image?)of the new musical style of Tokio Hotel?

Bill: Without claiming to revolution the music codes, Humanoid describes perfectly the musical mood the band is in. A sound that is more rock and mature. The electro influence is also more noticeable than before.
Tom: From a musical point of view, there is a lot of bass, drums and guitar. But the instrument that dominates is the synthesizer. It bring an new cosmic dimension inspired by science-fiction.

DU: Talking about that, what sense do you give your album cover?

Georg: We wanted that cover to reflect all he songs.That’s why we took Bill’s face, imagined as a guinea pig of a futuristic experimentation. He appears totally robotic , metallic and cold.Three years of thinking were necessary to the elaboration of that visual image.
Bill: Even if the role of being the band’s leader was given to me through time, it made me ill at ease to appear alone on the cover. I am not truing to put myself in the spotlight or eclipse Tom ,Gustav and Georg. But in the end, I am satisfied with the visual result. The band is expressing itself through me…

Quotes
Below Tom’s photo: “I have an new piercing on a very intimate place”
Below Bill’s: “One of us has a girlfriend.”

DU: What is the format for this new pack?

Bill: True to our habits, Humanoid will be released in two versions: one in German and one in English. The disc will be proposed through three editions: the limited fan pack, the deluxe edition, and the standard edition. And of course, the legal downloads.

DU: Why did you choose Automatisch as a first single?

Tom: The choice of that rock sounding song was like an evidence for the four of us.It represents perfectly the new musical orientation of the group. That track is amusing, Bill and I composed it in two hours.The text and the melody came to us with disconcerting ease. From the start, we had the feeling that the first single would be that one and no other.

Georg: Plus, the clip of Automatisch is simply gorgeous. The shooting took place in South Africa and lasted for five days. Since we were in the middle of the desert, it was freezing.There, when the sun sets, the nights are glacial. In spite of that little meteorological problem, South Africa and its grandiose landscapes is unforgettable.

DU: Where does the changing of your looks comes from?
Tom: After having dreadlocks for nine years, I felt like changing. So I cut my hair really short because my former hairdo was impossible to undo. After that I waited for it to grow, and then I tried afro-type of extensions to amuse myself. Since they didn’t look so bad on me, I kept them.
Bill: On my part, I said farewell to my crazy hair since December 2008 for a less eccentric hairdo. I have thin black and white tresses extensions. Tom teases me that I copied his former look

Gustav: I simply choose to wear glasses to see better. I think they give me a nerd look, not that it displeases me [laugh]. Agree with Bill and Tom on the hair colour part, I risked a little darker colour.

DU: Do you have new tattoos and piercings?
Bill: Yes, I have a tattoo on my left flank, from below my armpits to my hip.In German, the sentence says: “Wie hören nie auf zu schreien, wir kehren zum Unsprung zurück” Meaning in French(Here in English) : “We never stop screaming,we return to the origins”

Gustav: I also have a new tattoo. On my right calf, were you can read the lyrics of my favourite song Hurt by Johnny Cash.
Tom: Bill , Georg and I have each a new piercing on an intimate part of our anatomy. Decency prohibits me to indicate where it is.

DU: Can we hope for a single in French anytime soon?
Bill: Unfortunately, no. Even though it’s part of our biggest projects. To be frence, we have a French recording in our boxes. But for some reason, our label Polydor refuses the concretising of that project

DU: 1st of September was Bill and Tom’s 20th birthday. How did you celebrate the event?
Bill: In spite of our heavy schedule, we wanted to celebrate anyway. We spent an entire day at Heidepark of Saulto in Germany. We gathered about twenty friends plus family members.
Tom: To avoid any bother, we took the precaution to reserve the park for ourselves .It was fantastic and we could enjoy every roller coaster.

DU: Are you (all) still single?

Bill: No.One of us has a girlfriend. The three remaining, including me are confirmed singles.
Georg: Since Bill sold me out, I’ll denounce myself. I am actually living with a pretty and charming girl whose name I’ll keep to myself. She’s German.I won’t say anything more.

Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything L4946110Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything 2-153910Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything 3-153910
Back to top Go down
http://thlebanesest.webs.com
Bill's Cutie
Bill's Favourite Fan
Bill's Cutie

Female
Number of posts : 7333
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything   Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:55 pm

haha3 zabte l post its dream'up w badde jib l issue ugh
Back to top Go down
http://www.tokiohotellebanon.aforumfree.com

Dream'up : Tokio Hotel are not afraid of anything
Page 1 of 1